How to pose a couple during a photoshoot
A couple of photoshoots have come a long way. Before, couples were not that experimenting on how they want their photoshoot to look. There was a general process that was followed throughout the realms. But since the advancement of technology and social media intervention, everything has changed. The way new-age photographers are taking on the challenge of designing new ways to make a couple of photo sessions a completely new game.
Most of the couples that come for the photoshoot are nervous in front of the camera. Well, that's not a new thing. But this can make the photo look forced or even sad. To avoid this from happening, photographers around the world make sure that the couple is feeling comfortable with their surroundings so that they both don't look stiff or unrealistic.
Having said that, mastering a fun and professional couple photoshoot is something important and worth everything. Couple photography gets you a lot of revenue since it's popular in every sphere of the world. Therefore in this blog, we will talk about how to pose a couple for a photoshoot.
Here are the poses
1. Walking towards each other- A very basic and beautiful pose to start your photo session. In this pose, you ask both the partners to walk toward each other gazing at each other's eyes. This pose is the most comfortable for both the partners since it does not involve directly looking into the lens which can normally make them nervous. Ask them to feel comfortable. They may hold hands or stroke each other's face which is always a good thing
2. Walking away- This is just the opposite of the previous pose. In this pose, both the partners would be shown walking away from each other. Since in this pose both the partner's faces are not directly in front of the camera, they will not find the pose non-intimidating. Also taking the photo in a picturesque location like a park or a garden will help elevate the beauty of the frame.
3. Sitting together - This is a very natural pose for a couple. Some of the couples find it easy to pose while sitting. In which case we can ask both the partners to sit on a bench or the ground facing each other or on each other's shoulders. There are various ways in which these poses can be made while sitting. Sitting poses can make the couple less self-aware so that they don't become stiff.
4. Candid - Candid photos are not posed. You can ask the couple to casually talk to each other and involve some gestures while doing that. And the photographer will shoot in between without framing a pose. This will help in creating a candid affair in which you will be able to get beautiful talking photos of the couple.
5. Hugging - Now this is a very popular but beautiful pose. Hugging. Just ask the couple to hug each other. The photographer can take numerous shots from different angles to create a candid effect.
6. Eating - This is a cute pose. You can ask both the partners to share an ice cream or some fruit and eat together. This will create a good and familiar effect.
7. Laying down - In this pose, you can ask your clients to lay down next to each other and stare into each other's eyes. Or maybe just gaze at the sky. This is a very natural pose and does not intimidate a lot of people.
8. Kissing - Now this is one of the most romantic poses out there. Staring into each other and kissing. But before this, you need to ask if the partners are comfortable kissing each other in front of the camera. If not then you have to respect their wishes. If yes, then what's better than this. Go for it.
These were some of the poses that you can try with your clients to get a beautiful frame of pictures. Of course, you can try a different lot of poses with your clients as they allow you to. Make sure you use different kinds of props and visuals to elevate the beauty of the frame. Just remember that they must feel comfortable and happy at the moment. And you are good to go.
About Madhu photography
Photography has always fascinated Madhu since her early years. She found joy in capturing moments, things, people, and nature and decided to make this into a profession. She has learned professional photography from Drishti school of Photography Bangalore. After then, she started getting invested in clicking pictures of children and making memorabilia of the different magical phases of their growth.
She also has a lot of affinity towards capturing nature in different styles and forms. Professionally, she has worked under the banner Strawberry pictures and has clicked photos of infants, kids, and family portraits for a decade. Today she has started a venture of her own and is one of the best photographers we have in Bangalore